This class provides a complete understanding of the Dynamics CRM product for Systems Administrators and Systems Customers.
This course contains all the necessary information to manage a CRM deployment. The course starts with a high level introduction to Dynamics CRM with a core focus on Customization the process, customization and systems for your organization.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for intermediate and experienced customizers of Microsoft Dynamics CRM who are familiar with the end-user principles of the software. No programming skills are required, but a basic understanding of database principles will be an advantage.
Module 1: Introduction to Customizing Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- The Dynamics CRM project management process
- Customization or Development
- Dynamics CRM Solutions
- Introduction to Entity Customization
Module 2: Building a Security Model in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Introduction to the Dynamics CRM Security Model
- Business Units
- Security Roles
- User and Team Management
- Assigning and Sharing with Users and Teams and Security Roles
Module 3: Customizing Entities
- Entity Customization Concepts
- Create a Custom Entity
- Additional Entity Properties
- Modifying the Configuration of an Entity
Module 4: Customizing Fields
- Field Data Types
- Field Display Formats
- Field Properties
- Customize Existing Fields
- Configure Option Sets
- Status and Status Reason Fields
- Deleting Fields
Module 5: Managing Relationships
- Types of Entity Relationships
- Create Entity Relationships One to Many (1:N) Relationship
- Field Mapping between Entities
- Many to One (N:1) Relationships between Entities
- Many to Many (N:N) Relationships between Entities
- Connections and Connection Roles
Module 6: Customizing Forms
- Financial Reason Codes
- Create and Modify Forms
- Quick Create and Quick View Forms
- Main Forms and Mobil Forms
- Manage Multiple Forms
Module 7: Configuring Business Rules
Module 8: Customizing View
- Creating View s
- Customization Concepts
- System and Personal Views
- Removing Unwanted Views
Module 9: Customizing Charts and Dashboards
- Create and Modify Charts
- Export and Import Charts
- Create and Modify Dashboards
Module 10: Additional Security Options
- Field Security
- Access Team Templates
- Auditing Overview
Module 11: Business Process Flows Lessons
Module 12: Adding functionally with Solutions
- The solution model
- Choosing a Solution
- Importing and Export a solution
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and plan a Dynamics CRM organizational strategy.
- Design and implement strategies for the creation of Business Units and Security Roles.
- Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM Users and Teams.
- Describe the principles of customizing the system.
- Create and configure fields for both custom and system entities.
- Create and configure custom entities, including standard and activity entities.
- Design, create and configure relationships between entities.
- Create and configure Views, Charts and Forms for both system and custom entities.
- Implement Field Security and Access Team Templates in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Design, create and configure Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Design, create and configure Business Rules and Business Process Flows to guide users through their work Design, create and configure Solutions in Microsoft Dynamics CRM; implementing both managed and unmanaged Solutions.