By Rakesh N. Veedu
Aptamers, usually termed as ‘chemical antibodies,’ are an rising classification of man-made ligands for effective target-specific molecular reputation. the target of this ebook is to spotlight contemporary advances and power of aptamers in numerous disorder stipulations. . This publication makes a speciality of the purposes of aptamers in special nanotherapy, detection, and in molecular imaging in numerous affliction stipulations equivalent to melanoma, neurological illnesses and infectious diseases.
Read Online or Download Aptamers: Tools for Nanotherapy and Molecular Imaging PDF
Similar biomedical engineering books
Clever platforms attempt to in achieving, by using desktops, what we go together with intelligence – versatile, studying and adaptive job like we discover within the human mind. For the 1st time, this groundbreaking source presents an in depth realizing of the research, layout, and alertness of latest clever platforms within the biomedical undefined.
Within the twenty first century, we're witnessing the combination of 2 dynamic disciplines - electronics and biology. therefore bioelectronics and biosensors became of specific curiosity to engineers and researchers operating in similar biomedical components. Written through famous specialists the sphere, this modern source is the 1st e-book to systematically introduce the idea that, know-how, and improvement of cell-based biosensors.
Broadly revised and up to date, with the addition of recent chapters and authors, this long-awaited moment version covers all elements of medical info administration. Giving information of the effective scientific information administration tactics required to fulfill either company targets and caliber audits via regulatory specialists, this article is well timed and a huge contribution to the literature.
Biosensors in accordance with Nanomaterials and Nanodevices hyperlinks interdisciplinary examine from best specialists to supply graduate scholars, teachers, researchers, and execs alike with a accomplished resource for key developments and destiny traits in nanostructured biosensor improvement. It describes the ideas, rules, fabrics, machine fabrications, features, procedure integrations, and purposes of assorted sorts of biosensors according to sign transduction mechanisms, together with fluorescence, photonic crystal, surface-enhanced Raman scattering, electrochemistry, electro-luminescence, field-effect transistor, and magnetic impression.
- Biomedical technology and devices
- Autonomic Nervous System Dynamics for Mood and Emotional-State Recognition: Significant Advances in Data Acquisition, Signal Processing and Classification
- Biosensor and Chemical Sensor Technology. Process Monitoring and Control
- Biomedical Nanotechnology
- Bionics by Examples: 250 Scenarios from Classical to Modern Times
- Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine in Ophthalmology
Additional resources for Aptamers: Tools for Nanotherapy and Molecular Imaging
Koch, T. , Nelson, S. , Ostroﬀ, R. , Resnicow, D. , Vaught, J. , Walker, J. , Wilcox, S. , Wolk, S. , and Zichi, D. (2010). Aptamer-based multiplexed proteomic technology for biomarker discovery, PLoS One, 5, p. e15004. 39. Burmeister, P. , Lewis, S. , Silva, R. , Preiss, J. , Horwitz, L. , Pendergrast, P. , McCauley, T. , Kurz, J. , Epstein, D. , and Keefe, A. D. (2005). Direct in vitro selection of a 2’-O-methyl aptamer to VEGF, Chem. , 12, pp. 25–33. 40. , and Ellington, A. D. (2004). Evolution of a T7 RNA polymerase variant that transcribes 2’-O-methyl RNA, Nat.
57. , Chaudhuri, R. , and Cossins, A. (2014). Single-step selection of bivalent aptamers validated by comparison with SELEX using high-throughput sequencing, PLoS One, 9, p. e100572. 58. , Oh, S. , Radeke, M. , Coﬀey, P. , Thomson, J. , and Soh, H. T. (2015). Array-based discovery of aptamer pairs, Anal. , 87, pp. 821–828. April 8, 2016 12:8 PSP Book - 9in x 6in 24 History of Aptamer Development 59. , and Woodbury, N. W. (2007). , 35, pp. 7626–7635. 60. , Wedge, D. , Day, P. , Kell, D. , and Knowles, J.
Mol. , 14, pp. 143–151. 20. , Huang, P. , and Liu, J. (2014). Aptamer-based biosensors for biomedical diagnostics, Analyst, 139, pp. 2627–2640. 21. , and Tombelli, S. (2012).
Aptamers: Tools for Nanotherapy and Molecular Imaging by Rakesh N. Veedu