This course introduces Microsoft Dynamics CRM service management functionality and explains how it helps organizations track information about cases, customer complaints or requests, and small projects. You will learn how to use the knowledge base and discusses how organizations can browse, locate, and share information in the repository. It also discusses how to create, manage and use teams and queues in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new partners and customers of Microsoft Dynamics CRM that want to learn about the available service management features in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM product.
Module 1: Introduction
This module introduces Microsoft Dynamics CRM service management functionality and explains how it helps organizations track information about cases, customer complaints or requests, and small projects.
- Getting Started with Service Management
- Cases and the Service Management Process
- Queues and Contracts in Service Management
- Working with Cases in the Case Grid
Module 2: Working with Cases and Contracts
This module explains cases and contracts and about how they can be used together in service management functions.
- Creating Case Records
- Working with Cases
- Contracts and Contract Templates
- Creating and Working with Contracts
- Using Contracts with Cases
Module 3: Using the Knowledge Base
This module explains how to use the knowledge base and discusses how organizations can browse, locate, and share information in the repository.
- Article Templates
- Creating, Approving and Publishing Articles
- Using and Searching the Knowledge Base
- Cases and Knowledge Base Articles
Module 4: Working with Teams and Queues
This course discusses how to create, manage and use teams and queues in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Introduction to Teams
- Introduction to Queues
- Creating and Managing Queues
- Working with Queues and Queue Items
- Using Workflows with Queues
Module 5: Analysis, Reporting and Goals
This module discusses the many methods available for analyzing and reporting on service management information in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Service Management Reports
- Service Management Charts and Dashboards
- Goal Management for Service
Lab: Assigning Cases and Default Queues
Lab: Resolving a Case with a Contract
Lab: Managing Knowledge Base Articles
Lab: Routing Cases to Queues
Lab: Goal and Goal Metrics
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Use some of the most common service management applications of Queues and Contracts.
- Work with cases in the case grid.
- Understand the steps required to create a new case.
- Create and manage contract templates.
- Create and manage contracts.
- Add contract lines to a contract.
- Associate contracts with cases.
- Create, activate and deactivate, and delete Knowledge Base article templates.
- Search articles from within a case record and utilize articles to resolve cases.
- Create, manage and work with Teams.
- Define steps involved in creating and managing queues.
- Work with queue items.
- Build personal and system charts and dashboards to provide insight into important service management information.