This course discusses the scheduling process, scheduling engine, and scheduling service activities in detail since they are key entry points in the scheduling process. It also discusses how to use service scheduling in situations that have complex scheduling requirements.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for new partners and customers of Microsoft Dynamics CRM that want to learn about the available service scheduling features in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM product.
Module 1: Introduction
This module discusses the scheduling process, scheduling engine, and scheduling service activities in detail since they are key entry points in the scheduling process.
- Service Scheduling Overview
- Service Scheduling Scenarios
- Service Scheduling Process
- Working with Service Activities and the Service Calendar
- Closing, Canceling, or Rescheduling a Service Activity
- Using Charts and Reports to Analyze Service Activities
Module 2: Advanced Topics
This module presents how to use service scheduling in situations that have complex scheduling requirements.
- Understanding the Service Activity Scheduling Engine
- Resources, Services and Selection Rules
- Incorporating Customer Preferences
- Resource and Service Capacity Requirements
- Understanding Sites and Same-Site Requirements
Lab: Create a Service Activity with a Selection Rule
Lab: Schedule a Service with a Same-Site Requirement
What You’ll Learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify key service scheduling concepts
- Compare service scheduling business scenarios
- Understand the service scheduling process flow
- Set up work schedules for users, facilities or equipment
- Close, cancel or reschedule a service activity
- Learn how service activity records synchronize with Microsoft Office Outlook
- Incorporate customer preferences when scheduling service activities